fmAutoBackupRestore , fmProductExport , fmProductImport , fmBackupRestoreWizard
Maintaining a VirtueMart backup and restore of your database is not only a good practice but a real necessity. Backing up the database allows recovery either partially or totally in case of an operating system,
software, hardware failure or human mistakes. These can damage or make the database inoperative and the data inaccessible.
Database backup and recovery wizard gives you the ability to configure possible database backup and restore scenarios:
You can backup your VirtueMart database (create .sql file) using Backup entire database option. Follow few steps to create the backup:
2. Specify any file name and directory for the backup.
3. Select tables you would like to backup. Most likely all tables will be checked, but you can check or uncheck any tables according to your needs.
4. Backup database structure only (no data) allows you to save database structure only (tables with no data) into the .sql file. Also, you can save all shopping cart files and make exceptions if needed.
Note that you should have FTP connection established in order to download files. Also, note that it will slow down the process.
Attention! By clicking "Backup" button you're saving the script into the file selected before.
5. The last step shows you the backup file.
That's it. The backup is saved into the file specified above. Click finish to close the wizard.
In case you have previously saved database backup, you can restore it if needed. Follow few steps to restore a VirtueMart backup over the current database:
2. Specify the backup file name and path to restore from.
3. Backup preview step allows you to check the backup script. Click 'Next' to proceed the restore procedure.
4. Force clear database before script execution allows you to clear default data from your store and to restore the backup.
You can save restore configuration in the appropriate field at the bottom of 'Options' window.
5. The last step shows you the result. Here you can see if any error occurs while execution.
That's it. The restore is completed. Click finish to close the wizard.
Using this tool you can backup multiple stores you have:
6. Tools >