fmPreferencesVirtueMart , fmProducts
To create a new VirtueMart product or edit an existing one, proceed through several steps:
Custom Page Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords, Meta Robots and Author are all hidden codes that can be used by search engines to understand and find this product better.
Description . Description VirtueMart product exactly the way it is going to appear on product’s page.
Edit HTML shows HTML editor of VirtueMart Product description in a new window. You can work directly with 'raw' HTML text. If necessary, you can also use visual text without HTML editing as well.
Prices . This section contains full information about product price. You can select currency; specify base and final product price; add new price; set deadlines for quantity range; select shopper group, if you have one.
Categories. ‘Categories’ tab allows you to assign VirtueMart product to any main category and to multiple additional categories. One product may be assigned to multiple categories. To assign a product to categories, simply enable the "Assign" checkbox next to the category name. Also, you can specify the Main category here.
Besides, you have an opportunity to manage product stock-able variants directly from the Product Page of Store Manager. Choose the necessary item from the product grid and at the bottom of the window you can find many tabs with the appropriate information about the specific product. Select 'Custom fields' tab.
Here are all possible options of this product. For example, if it an element of clothing - then its most suitable options will be the size and color. You can choose each of them manually or automatically generate them - simple click on the 'Click to Edit Stock-able Variants' field
and the following form will appear:
Here you can add additional variants, automatically generate the missing one (s) or delete them from the existing list.
You have also the possibility to set the different make-ups for different variants of the appropriate product. For example, for the 'evening dress' item you may supply the following price make-ups: for the dress of 'S' size in the 'Price' column specify "0"- this means, when buying a dress with this size the customer should pay the base price - 50$ without any extra payment. For the same product with medium size (M) specify the value 5 in the corresponding column - the customer will pay for this product with the specific size the extra price - 55$ and if you set the price make-up for the large size of the 'Evening dress' in the amount of 10 - then the basic price that the buyer will have to pay is 60 of currency units instead of 50.
Related Products. This section allows to manage related VirtueMart products in your store.
Click on 'Apply' to save changes and to proceed or click cancel to discard this entry. When your FTP connection is successfully configured yo can add as many images as you need to the selected product and use the one of the following options :
- add image locally - open the local drive system on your computer and find the media file you want to be assigned to :
- add product illustration from the external source by using the appropriate full URL path to the image make sure it is reachable and accessible in the web-space. In the form which appears specify the URL to the image and press ‘OK’ button - the image should be uploaded in the preview area in the right pane;
- add new image(s) to the existing medias in the gallery. Open the form and fulfill the fields below:
1) file published? - make the image visible or invisible in the Front-End;
2) unique filename - specify the filename that corresponds exactly to the image you want to upload;
3) displayed image title - the name which will be displayed on the Front-end while selecting;
4) image alt-text - specify some text for the sight-impaired user that can be described on the Front-End . On the store products page it looks like:
5) used URL - the path to the base image, depending on its location: the locally on the computer or in the web-browser by using the full URL path.
6) used thumb URL - the path to the thumbnail image location (locally or via HTTP Url path);
7) role - Choose "displayable" to allow customers to see (preview) the image only,"downloadable" position uses if you want them to be able to download the image or 'for sale' - an image that can be used for product sailing.
8) storing location/type - shows in which section you can see the following image file.
'Products' variant checked by default and means the current media can be used for products section only.
- Select from media moves to the Media Gallery sector with the existing images . Scroll down the media list and choose the necessary one(s) to add .
- to change or modify the current media file - press the ‘Edit’ button from the Images’ toolbar:
- to view and change the basic settings on Image parameters go to the Image Settings section in Preferences of Store Manager or just press the next option in the toolbar and the necessary page will be opened right in the images tab:
You are able to add new images by helping with drag-and-drop method - simply open the folder with the images on your drive and select necessary positions.
Since the last program update you can add few images to the product at once. Drop them all in the special area of Store Manager Images tab:
Here are some related articles on VirtueMart Product Management: