Edit Category Form
To create a new category or edit an existing one, proceed through several steps:
- Click on create new or edit category icon, the edit category window will appear.
Specify information in the following fields: General Information, Description, Images.
In General information field provide such data:
- Category ID - for internal use only. ID is a unique category identification that cannot be edited.
- Published - Leave it blank to hide or enable to be visible to customers. Be aware that you can still use unpublished categories in the backend, for example for calculation rules.
- Category Name - specify category name here.
- Sef Alias - Search engine friendly or human readable addresses, i.e. real words instead of numbers and a jumble of code. Example: yourstore.com/fruits for a fruits category.
field specify the following information:
In Meta Information field provide the following data:
- Parent Category - Specify Parent category here if one exists. The default is Root Catalog, meaning the category will be a top-level category. If you select an existing category the new category will be created as a sub-category of the one you selected.
- Category Form Limit List Start - This changes the top right results drop-down number that the shopper can select to jump forward.
- Category Form Limit List Step - How many items you want to appear on the page. Note that other settings or the template can override this.
- Category Form Limit List Max - The total number of pages you want to appear in the top right results drop-down box. Note that other settings or the template can override this.
- Category Form Initial Display - How many rows are displayed on the page initially. The shopper can change this by selecting a different number from the top right results drop-down box.
- Meta Description, Meta Keywords, Meta Robots and Author are all hidden codes that can be used by search engines to understand and find this product better.
In Additional Fields specify the Custom title of your category
Specify your unique Description for the category
Raw HTML edit mode - allows you to edit raw HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used in the page
Select images for each category using files from Media Gallery in Images tab.
Media Gallery - allows you to import images for the product.
You may upload pictures from your local computer or external web URLs or even add the new one with the help of the toolbar from the current 'Images' tab:
If you want to correct certain data in the already uploaded image, you can press the corresponding button in the toolbar and make some adjustments in the appropriate form for editing (see image below).
Please note that in order to import images you have to set-up a proper FTP connection.
By eMagicOne Inc.